The Importance of the “Save” Feature on IG in Growing Organic Social Media Engagement & Followers
As business owners, we all know how powerful social media can be. It has a broad reach, it’s free, and above all, it’s effective (if you know exactly how to harness its potential).
However, it comes with a little caveat: it’s hard to keep up with all the changes. Just when you think you’ve mastered the platform, the rules of the game seem to shift – and you start all over again.
But it’s not just you who faces this challenge. Even the savviest of marketers could hardly predict the next algorithm update or the latest trend that will captivate audiences.
Now, we didn’t write this post to discourage you from focusing on organic social media growth. Instead, we want you to do the exact opposite (at least with Instagram) using a “secret” feature that has proven to be a game-changer for a lot of businesses – the “Save” feature.
That’s right. This unassuming little option nestled in each IG post holds incredible potential.
Want to know why? You might want to keep reading to find out.
Understanding Instagram’s “Save” Feature
Before we dive into the importance of the “Save” feature, let’s make sure we’re on the same page.
The “Save” feature is a small bookmark icon below every Instagram post. When users come across a post they’d like to visit later, they can simply tap on the “Save” icon. It also allows users to organize the saved posts or Reels in a Collection.
How to Leverage the “Save” Feature for Organic Social Media Growth
When users save a post, it signals Instagram that the content is valuable and worth revisiting. And the best thing about this is that, just like with any other engagement KPI, Instagram rewards accounts that encourage such user behavior.
So, how do you create posts that compel users to save them? Here are a few strategies:
- Publish valuable and evergreen content. This advice is old but gold, and for a good reason – it works. When you create content that people find helpful, they are more likely to save it for future reference.
- Share step-by-step guides and tutorials. Guides and tutorials are always in demand, and the best part about them is that users love the convenience of saving them for later.
- Create inspirational and motivational content. People often turn to social media for inspiration and motivation, and saving these posts is a common way for these users to create their library of uplifting content.
- Offer exclusive tips and tricks. Exclusive information is also save-worthy content. So, go ahead, and leverage the insider knowledge, industry secrets, or innovative techniques you know about.
- Use Cliffhangers. Many of us can’t resist the thrill of a cliffhanger. Leave your audience hanging by providing a sneak peek or a teaser in your post, and they’ll be eager to save it to find out more.
The “Save” feature on Instagram holds immense value and potential for businesses looking to grow their online presence. After all, users aren’t the only ones who could benefit from saving posts. Creating content that encourages users to save increases your chances of boosting your engagement, reach, and, ultimately, return on your investment.
Remember, the Instagram algorithm takes note of saved posts and favors accounts that receive high engagement in the form of saves. So, the next time you craft an Instagram post, keep the “Save” feature in mind and watch your organic social media growth blossom.
For more marketing tips and tricks, join our free Facebook Group, Digital Marketing to Grow Your Brand.